Monday, October 17, 2011

A Day Late Review - Game 4 Recap

Sorry for the delay, I was celebrating my birthday this weekend...so Sunday consisted of me laying facedown on my kitchen floor for most of the day.

Facts from the Sens Game
  1. Ovechin looked better.  He plays with reckless abandon...I think a little bit too much at times.  I've seen too many offensive zone turnovers from him.  Hopefully he can tone it back just a touch. Solid game from him on Saturday though.
  2. Nicky netted his first goal.  Glad to see him get going.  Looks like the first line is heading in the right direction.
  3. The defense needs work--in particular Roman Hamrlik.  Roman has been on the ice for over half of the goals scored this year.  Hopefully age isn't catching up with the vet.
  4. Johannson can fly on the ice.  The young center put in another sweet wrap around goal on Saturday. 
  5. Vokoun, stealing a phrase from Dennis Green, is who we thought he is....and he let us off the hook.  The #1 goalie in DC looked very solid and bailed out questionable defense for most of the 2nd and 3rd period.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Caps beat the Senators only playing one period.  I know a win is a win--but the Caps need to work on consistent play in all ends of the ice.

4-0 babbbby!

TO THE TOP OF THE EAST WE GO!

BRING ON THE PANTHERS!

Let me know if my blog sucks @ districtredzone@gmail.com or @DistrictRedZone

No comments:

Post a Comment